Happy Anniversary


Tonight I went with my roommate, Alvaro, to my first dance concert in Germany. I could think of no better way to celebrate the month anniversary of my arrival here. The performance itself I didn't love, but it helped push that voice telling me that I need to dance. And the word need is very important here. I need it, I crave and want it. It was lovely to see people, in the new city I live in, dancing. Modern dancing. And on the cities largest stage with a decent sized audience. The costuming was elaborate and the set was major. With a set like that the most exciting thought was....funding! Granted, the choreographer is established and well known in Germany, but still gets funding for a set like that. And beautiful dancers! I found the actual performance dreadfully over the top and predictable, but the knowledge that there was interest and support for modern dance made it bearable. So, with my lungs back to full capacity I am going to my first technique class tomorrow evening. We'll see how it goes.

Also....I have a new camera I am picking up Monday at the post office. The thought of really dealing with getting mine fixed again seemed too hard. So I am working out a refund situation with the man who fixed it originally and bought a new one for nearly the price it cost to fix mine. I feel excited.

No comments:

What am I Saying?