Maple Apple Crisp



morning crisp, originally uploaded by m a v.
An abundance of apples on hand had me craving a simple warm crisp. I added maple for a fun twist and the results were fantastic. Read on for the recipe...

I didn't follow any exact recipe, but here's what I did to great success:


  • Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C)
  • Peel, quarter, and slice 4-5 apples. I had Granny Smith and Gala on hand. Combine apples and about 1/3 c Real maple syrup and place in 8 x 8 baking pan.
  • In a separate bowl combine 1/2 c flour, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/2 c oats, and 1/4 c cold butter. Combine with your hands until everything is mixed and crumbly. Sprinkle on top of apple mixture.
  • Bake about 30 minutes or until golden on top. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
  • Delight in your stomach's happiness.

    No comments:

    What am I Saying?