when surprised no work

I have had the afternoon off and used it to get lost in a part of the city I have not yet explored. I finished up the trip just in time, slipping into the coffee shop on the Domplatz (plaza in front of the cathedral) just as the sun disappeared and the snow started falling. It is a pretty sight and a nice change of scenery to get to work. The place reminds me a little of The Coffee Garden though a bit more diverse in it's clientele. That is to say, it is similar to it in all the positive ways without being so "hochnäsig" ("high nosed"-stuck up). :) Hope you have a fantastic Thursday!

1 comment:

Justin 'aytch said...

I just went to the Coffee Garden twice within the last week or so. It is totally hochnaesig! A bunch of hipsters on their laptops, bluetooths, while they discuss the state of affairs in contemporary art and literature, with the subtle chiming of the completely undynamic harpsichord of the indistinguishable Telemann/Handel/[enter any Baroque era composer here] hybrid. (Okay, so there may have been some generalizations in there...)Had you moved before the place down the street from me opened up (NoBrow Cafe)? With a name like that I can't even force myself to go in. And yes, I'm passing judgement without having experienced the actual place.

Anyway, I sincerely hope the place off the Domplatz wasn't anything like any of them... if so don't tell me, lest you want a piece of me to die.

What am I Saying?