Music Therapy


So for the last two weeks I have been looking forward to a show by one of my favorite bands, Fujiya & Miyagi.  My plans were thwarted this morning when my stomach took revenge on me for who knows what.  I will spare most details but let us just say that my face is now covered in red "freckles" from some burst capillaries caused by the pressure my face was under in the bathroom.  

I began to feel better towards the end of the evening and, going against all advice that would be given to me by mothers, grandmothers, and health care providers, I ventured out.  Why?  Because I just really didn't want to miss this show.  Because I have been wanting to see them live... forever.  And because, sometimes, you just gotta dance.  I went cautiously and survived to tell the tale.  Hooray for live music!!!

The show pretty much rocked, though what I originally planned on being a larger group turned into me along with my roommate and her face sucking boyfriend.  Where are her burst capillaries?

As the last tune they played one of my favorites, Collarbone, which I will continue to feature in the sidebar for a few more days. ------------>

Off to sleep and recover.  I am grateful to my body for behaving tonight so that I could carry out my plans.

4 comments:

Chelsee said...

I hope you feel better!!

Angie K. Millgate said...

Oh my! Sending you love and healing for a speedy recovery.

Kisses!

Kris said...

Amanda~

The spirit of soul over matter of body, eh? Your bravery for the sake of soul-nourishment has made me grin ... and feel inspired: thank you.

But, now, it is time for me to wish you speedy recovery of body! Be well soon :)

Most Sincerely,
Kristen

Gypsy at Heart said...

Amanda. So sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly and I totally understand about not wishing to pass up on listening to a band we love live. Glad you made it. I hope you get well soon.

What am I Saying?