DeKalb


The above photo pretty well sums up my weekend spent with Ryan's brother and his family. Not in that it left me hung over, but that it was creatively fun. This was Solveig being a silly headless one on the stairs.

Again I was given a warm welcome and felt at home. Ryan's two nieces are wise beyond their age which made for colorful and intelligent conversation with play mixed in. Since I often still feel like a kid it was a fun conversation. I also got to pass on my newly discovered craft of crochet. Both girls were sponges and got excited about making something. I enjoyed the fact that I could relate to them and hang out in a way that didn't involve watching a movie or playing on the computer. Good old fashion fun. Just the way I like it.

Ryan's little nephew, Martin, is nearly six months old and adorable. It was fun to have a little one around for the weekend. As much fun as it was to see Gabe grow there is something amazing about an infant. He (Martin) is so attentive and observant. He has beautiful wide eyes and looks around everywhere.

In all the weekend was both relaxing and stimulating. It was fun to see Ryan interact with his nieces and be called, what he says is his proudest title, "Uncle Ryan". It ended with a family dinner, including his sisters and parents, with pizza and arcade games. Yum.

No comments:

What am I Saying?