Best Birthday Gift



When I decided to make this move I swore I would be here by my birthday. Well I made it and when I went to meet Johanna to go out for a birthday celebration I got the greatest gift.....the keys to my new apartment. I feel very excited although I can't move in until the first. The next few days will be spent looking for a bed and bicycle.

Most of my birthday was spent walking around Münster so Ryan could see a little more of it. In the evening I met Johanna to go to Cafe Kelim for the best chocolate cake and tea in Münster. Definitely a favorite spot of mine. My other new roommate, Alvaro, joined us briefly as well and I think the three of us will get along just fine.

Later we went to a party at Ryan's new flat. Funny, we are here for two days and are getting invited out. In fact, while in the gas station to buy beer for the party we were randomly invited to another barbeque. The German people are so open and friendly, genuinely curious. I feel excited to meet more people and learn more German. I know that I will eventually run into some walls, but for now I am enjoying the easefulness of the situation.

No comments:

What am I Saying?